As a Cloud Business Analyst, you are part of our global Azure and Datacenter Services team, based in Malaysia. You will help us to manage and mature our Cloud FinOps by ensuring our Microsoft Azure cloud operations are run in a financially optimized way and help provide transparency into the past cloud consumption as well as forecasting the future. You will work closely with the Cloud Engineers, IT Controlling, IT Architects, Service Owners, and other key stakeholders to ensure optimal use of services and improve cost awareness.
WHAT DOES THE ROLE INVOLVE?
Cloud Business Analyst plays a key role in the cloud cost optimization and cost transparency for Hilti. Hilti has built a strong infrastructure foundation with hundreds of applications already leveraging the Microsoft Azure cloud services – and your role will be to ensure this is run in a cost optimized way. You get to leverage the state-of-the-art tooling and methods to plan and implement cost optimization to ensure Hilti is getting most out of its Microsoft Azure cloud services.
You will work in close collaboration with the cloud and server engineers to plan, monitor, analyze, and bring the change through to regularly optimize the cloud services to optimize costs. You will identify the requirements and build reports to bring transparency to stakeholders on the cloud financials, along with forecasting the future by providing estimations on cloud consumption.
You will have the full end to end ownership of the cloud cost management solution. You will support in tracking and reporting on relevant KPI metrics tracking our cost effectiveness. You will also work closely with our vendors to keep up with the latest trends and developments in Azure cost management space and to continuously learn and grow.
You demonstrate strong ownership in Azure Cloud FinOps at Hilti. You will help to mentor and guide the engineers to integrate the cost awareness into the day-to-day operations.
WHAT YOU NEED IS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or finance discipline focus in IT. Master is an advantage.
- Know-how in cloud technologies, especially Microsoft Azure is a benefit
- Excellent communication and English skills with a motivation to work in a multicultural team located globally spanning multiple time zones
- Experience in Microsoft Office, especially good proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required
- Experience in finance management and budgeting is beneficial
- Certifications such as Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900) or Azure Administrator (AZ-104) is beneficial
- Open mindset for learning new infrastructure technologies, scripting and agile tools and processes