Our client is a MNC group with multiple businesses in engineering, trading of chemical ingredients, cables trading and many more. Based in UOA Business Park, Shah Alam, they are currently looking for a IT Support Executive to join their team, supporting all the businesses under the group.
- Provide first level support on systems’ hardware and software. Responsible for troubleshooting desktop applications when problems are reported by users; investigate and perform relevant testing and make necessary modifications for resolution.
- Hardware includes desktops, laptops, tablets & peripherals, printers, photocopiers, mobile devices, and IP phones. Major software systems include Windows OS, Lotus Notes client, and Microsoft Office
- Ensure availability of network and systems’ connectivity to the respective sites, and to ensure that the WAN/LAN network is in optimum performance in order to avoid downtime.
- Undertake daily and monthly tape backup and server functionality routines.
- Keep abreast with latest IT technology for creative and innovative ideas for possible implementation.
- Evaluate and propose relevant IT support/infra solutions along with procurement proposals in line with policies and IT budget.
- Work with Hub/Finance team to prepare and review yearly budget for Capex and raise any requirements or inconsistencies to Hub GM.
- Support EHS committee for all Operational, Health and Safety requirements and provide solutions where required.
- Support Hub for new technological requirements to fit into the digitalization agenda of the Hub by providing innovative and cost effective solutions.
- Ensure compliance with the Groups Environment, Health & Safety Policy. Also, as an IT staff member, responsible to ensure the following: minimizing wastage of paper by combining reports, eliminating outdated reports, utilizing both sides of paper, and constant reviewing of business reporting; purchasing of equipment with the U.S. EPAEnergy Star” label which enables the equipment to switch to a low energy state when idle; coordinate good housekeeping and maintenance of systems to achieve highest feasible level of efficiency and resource productivity.
- Maintain good rapport with the and actively move around to communicate regularly with them in order to have a better understanding of the IT related issues encountered by them.
- Establish healthy relations and to provide efficient and effective service and support to them so as to maintain their confidence in the reputation of the services offered by the Company.
- Undertake any other tasks as and when assigned.
- Relevant Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Able to work with minimum supervision, possess positive attitude, capable of meeting deadlines and proactive with a critical eye for detail.
- Able to coordinate / handle other IT related matters.
- Proficient in various programming skills, especially Visual Basic.
- Proficient in MS Office applications – Words, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Power BI, Power Automate, Power Apps, Power Virtual Agents & Share Point.
- Strong in problem solving, analytical and organizational skills, with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Salary: RM; RM4,000.00 per month